Monday, April 23, 2012

The Best You

It's fun to look back at memories of when we were little. This is a picture of me when I was about 10 years old, taken by my grandpa. When I was 10 through 13 years old, those were my best years. I was the most ambitious, creative, and talented. I wasn't afraid to be myself, and I thought that my ideas were highly valued. I was innocent and shy, but felt important. I wore hideous clothes and did my hair as awkward as I could because that's all I knew how. But I felt beautiful anyway. I miss that feeling. Growing up makes you less of who you are and more of what society tells you to be. So much so that I've forgotten who I am and how to be myself. I want to feel valued and important again. And I am. I have thoughts and ideas to contribute to the world that nobody else thinks of, because the world is not me. And the same goes for you. Only you can be the best you.

No comments:

Post a Comment